Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I'm Back.

Scared? You should be. I kid. I'm not scary-at least, not always. Anyway, last week we went to St. George with Alex's family and it was a blast! So I figured, people want to share in this-hence, blogging. We drove down on Wednesday and came home Sunday, but let me just tell you, there was not a moment wasted! We packed in the fun...so sit back and relax...or read this.
Day 1-Sand Hollow
One important thing to know about Alex's family is that they are outdoor people. They all know how to water ski and boat and stuff like that. I don't...but that doesn't stop me! The first day, we went to Sand Hollow which is like a mini Lake Powell (so I hear, I've never been to Lake Powell...I'm ok with it though, don't be sad for me.) We rented wave runners...more like wave FUNners! They were so much fun, and even Tessa enjoyed them. I told Doug that when I get on them it turns me into a lesbian because they made me say weird things like, "Let's ride!" and "Do it to it!" Stuff along those lines-like awesome things. Tessa in her "jacket life." She called it that all day. I think she really believed that jacket was a jacket that produced life. She's so weird. Love her.The family getting ready to ride. Everytime Alex would stop to talk to me, Tessa would yell at him to go faster! And then I could hear her screaming as they rode-it was funny.Alex is so hot right now. I hope he's embarrassed by this. I am. (just kidding, boo. You look hot.)

After going out on the wave runners, Tessa spent most of the day in the water with Trace. I'm sure she was telling him some story or something. She's really animated.There was this island in the middle of the lake, so everyone wanted to go cliff diving. This is the boys at the top, awaiting their destiny.

I got pictures of all of them, but this one it the best. No, it's not flipped wrong-Jordy was really horizontal to the water, because he had done a flip off of the cliff. It was beautiful.

Tessa fell asleep in Mindy's lap-she was really tired! So this is our little family, with Tessa zonked.

Day 2-Swimming

The next day, everyone went swimming at the Green Valley swimming pool. It was fun just to sit there, even though we didn't stay very long-Tessa fell asleep walking back to the pool, again in Mindy's arms. Mindy has a way with her. But before that, she was quite animated, once again.

Everyone hanging out. If you look really closely in the background, you can see Doug carrying everyone's stuff over to where we were sitting. He did that twice. So helpful.Tessa didn't actually want to swim, she just wanted to push everyone in. So this is her leading Leslie to her doom.

And this is her pushing Doug. He got it the most I think.

Day 3-Zion National Park

The next day, we went to Zion to hike. I know, right? I'm totally outdoorsy now. But one fun thing was that it was Free National Park Day! Everyone loves free.

Tessa on the shuttle. She has no idea what's coming.This is how Tessa traveled most of the way up to the Emerald Pools. Being a kid rocks. I tried to get Alex to carry me on his shoulders, and he rejected that idea. So lame.Proof we were there. I totally climbed up on that rock to take this picture. Suck on that.Tessa's model pose. She was eating an oreo at the last pool and kept striking this pose. I don't know if she was trying to impress someone, but I'm betting not, since she does this kind of stuff all the time when no one's watching. Or when someone's watching, she doesn't discriminate.

I have a ton of other pictures of the days we were there, but we could take all day if we post those!! It was a really fun trip and we were sad to leave. Mostly because Alex left the next day for Houston, and no one wants that. And Tessa and I already are driving each other crazy, so the next two weeks should be awesome!

(Sarcasm. Original!)

3 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Your lover is gone for 2 weeks? Lets hit up a lunch date! With each other. Are you creeped out? You shouldn't be you wave running lesbo!

Zach and Cecily said...

Does it look like Tessa is holding a tiny person in that last picture?

You've always been a lesbian.

Whitney said...

Tessa is so darn cute!

Ps.. Tessa and i can be twinners.. i totally have a sty