Monday, July 6, 2009

Independence Day

So since I haven't posted in a while, I figured I would just share our Fourth of July adventures. I know the 4th was so 3 days ago, but whatev. I didn't have anything else to blog about! So every year we go to the Centerville Parade and every year it does not disappoint. The best part is when the baseball teams come through, and they almost take your eye out while throwing taffys...it's the best. Anyway, last year Tessa was all about running into the street and getting candy, but this year she was a little apprehensive about it. Leslie had to get the candy and bring it to her feet, then she'd reach down and grab it.

Tessa and Trace sitting at the parade. Tessa is so patriotic. Hence her flag.

After the parade we usually go swimming, but we went to a park instead. It was fun-we ate good food. Tessa had a freak out, but it was no big deal.

The family at the park-Tessa wouldn't look at the camera. I don't know what her deal is.

Then, that night we went to Alex's aunt and uncles house. We had a fun barbecue, and then watched fireworks. If you don't know about Alex's family, they are pyromaniacs. Every one of them. It's terrifying. 2 years ago, Alex was lighting bottle rockets in a cup, and the cup tipped over so they shot into the crowd. It would've been funny, except one of them went up Tessa's shorts and burned her stomach pretty bad. She was only 8 months old. So this year I tried to ban him from lighting the fireworks. It worked for like 10 minutes. Then, he asked our 2 year old if she wanted to light some. I'm thinking next year we go to Canada for the 4th of July, that way there won't be any fireworks. Take that Alex. (FYI, she didn't light any with him. I was pretty mad about that suggestion, and Alex picked up on my anger. He's a clever one.)

Tessa and Sara with their sparklers. They had fun with each other. And then this is Tessa tackling Sara and Kaylee. They were all really tired, but for some reason they thought chasing each other and this ball would be a good time. It was adorable.

Anywhoodle, that was our fourth. Way interesting, right? I'll get better at being fun.

No comments: