Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Up the Canyon

So I'm blogging again, twice in 1 week!!! K-razy. The sad thing is, I just finished this blog, and then I deleted it somehow, and when I went to get it out of my drafts, it had saved the blank post...so here we go. Last night we went up Little Cottonwood Canyon with Alex's friends. Back story: Mike, who you may remember from previous posts, got this job where he travels ALL THE TIME. Seriously, more than Alex. So he was home finally, but he was leaving again on Tuesday (today). So Alex, being the adorable friend that he is, decided to throw a little going away thing for him. I actually think Alex just wanted an excuse to eat roasted marshmallows. But anyway...so we plan this thing for Mike and most everyone could come-even our California friends (you know who you are) were here, so it was going to be a par-tay! Then Mike tells us he's leaving Monday morning...so we had a big Bon Voyage party for Mike, and he wasn't even there. It's funny when you think about it...are you thinking about it? Hilarious, right? But Mike, you'll be missed...seriously, there's only so much fun to be had with just Steve and Andy. So hurry back! Here are some pictures to document the event:
First, Steve and Andy made Alex and me tin foil dinners. I've never actually had a dinner that is cooked a top coals, so you can imagine I was terrified. Plus, Steve and Andy might try to poison me...I'm not sure how they really feel about me...but it was so good!!

This picture doesn't look too great, but it was so so so good! That's three so's. So you know I loved it, because normally I only use one. That's my fork...little did that dinner know, I was about to devour it!

Andy, Steve, Alex, and me enjoying our dinners. Everyone else ate hot dogs. Or Taco Bell. Too bad for them.

Tessa showing us the marshmallow in her mouth. And no, she doesn't have a shirt on. It got really wet, so she couldn't have that.

This is Steve trying to convince Adam's new girl that she needed to prove herself worthy by stuffing a bunch of marshmallows into her mouth at once. She did it eventually. I got it on film. I'm just waiting for the right time to post it. Steve's all about food challenging people. It's the best.

Alex's friends all started throwing marshmallows at each other, so Tessa wanted to get in on the action:

This was her wind up. But she never threw it, she just ate it. She gets hungry.

Anyway, that's all I've got. It was way fun...hopefully Mike will go out of town a lot more, so we can have going away parties every weekend!

(Mike, I'm sort of kidding. We can have parties when you are not going out of town too. Maybe we'll even invite you!)

3 comments:

Heather Strong said...

I'm sad we couldn't come. Jake always chooses bad nights for class - like Monday nights when all I want to do is watch the Bachelorette in peace but NOOO he has class so he can't watch Emmett for me. I mean, I'm not bitter or anything =). Tell Alex to plan another trip up the canyon say on a Tues-Sun??

Heather Strong said...

That was a long post =)

Whitney said...

i dunno what I'm more bitter about. The fact you couldn't name us by name, just "californians" or the fact you didn't get any pics of us... ugghh i don't feel the love chels, i don't feel the love.