Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Sty

I just figured I'd do a little update because the previous blog was terrifying. So I think we can all agree that Tessa's sty is disgusting. I'm allowed to say that, I'm her mom. Anyway, she woke up from her nap yesterday and it was double the size it has ever been. You could see a little ball popping up from her eyelid, you didn't even have to pull the eyelid down to see it. So I freaked out a little-it was blocking her vision (sort of). So Alex called the opthomologist and told them what was up, and they told us to bring her to their office as soon as possible-which is really scary. Luckily, the office is on 39th and 7th, so we got there in about 2 seconds. We took her in and the doctor said he had never seen a sty so big on someone so small in his entire career. Alex was excited because that means "Tessa's totally in his record book!" (direct quote. Isn't he adorable?) He said that we needed to put a steroid cream on her eye, and then I have to bring her back on Tuesday, which I'm excited about since Alex is going out of town for a week-again. I'm sure I'll take her and the doctor will decide it needs to be removed ASAP. And then I'll cry and that'll be embarrassing. He said we would most likely need to get it removed in the next few weeks...so, something to look forward to! We've used the cream on her eye, and it's gone down, so now it's not as disgusting, but it still is pretty bad. And I didn't take a picture of that day because it seriously made me sick every time the doctor would pull her eyelid down. It was totally grotsky. I'm sure there'll be more to come. After all, Tessa's cursed.

3 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Oh Chels that is so scary!! Your poor little girl. I hope everything goes ok, especially with Alex going out of town!

Ashlii Brooke said...

Oh My Gosh!! I am so sad for Tessa!! If you need anything call me. Bless her pea pickin heart. :(

sTaCiE said...

That is so sad! I hope everything goes okay! Poor girly!!