Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas Eve

Get ready for some blogging. No seriously, I'll try to make this short because there's a blog storm a coming soon! So, yesterday was Christmas Eve in case you hadn't heard. Firstly, Alex got way excited to give presents this year (it was weird, he's usually a stickler when it comes to opening presents on Christmas Day.) So he let Tessa and me open up one present in the morning. Tessa got a bunch of DVDs that she loved, and I got seasons 2 and 3 of The OC. Yep, I love it. And I don't care. Nextly, we went to the Osborne's because we got to talk to Lance.
There is quite a story for this story! First, we tried to call him using some type of calling card-I'm not sure what it was exactly. So they get through to him, but it was on his cell phone (missionaries have cell phones now!) And we couldn't hear anything he was saying, and he couldn't hear us. So it was stressful. Mindy then calls the mission office, they get a new cell phone number for the other companionship that lives with Lance, so we call that and finally get through. BUT, those missionaries were talking to their families too, so we couldn't really talk to him on that one. So we tried to call him using this other calling card, and it was the clearest call ever. Really weird. So we got to talk to him for a while-he sounded old, which creeps me out because I remember when he got his license-I totally let him drive my car. But not in a creepy way. Anyway, then Alex and I had to leave to go to my family's Christmas bash-we do Christmas Eve for those who are unaware. We got to eat great food and watch a cute movie-thanks to Cessy-and open presents. Well, the kids opened there presents, which was fun to watch. Especially for Cailey and Devy who don't have kids. But then my parents decided to give us a present to open since we had already gotten our food storage as our gifts back in October. So they gave everyone a box set of Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons, and inside were airline tickets to Vegas, plus two tickets to see Jersey Boys, and a gift card for the Cheesecake Factory! We're so excited!!! We get to go see Jersey Boys in Vegas in 2 weeks. We're only staying one night, but I think it'll be so so so much fun! So that was really exciting, even though most of us knew about it months ago-sorry Mom. But that's basically it-here are some pictures of it. I'll post another blog with the Christmas Day pictures, because I can't tonight on account of Alex leaving my camera battery at my parents house. Boys will be boys, right?

Tessa with her DVDs. She fell in love, but for some reason she didn't want anyone to see what they were.

The family eating dinner. So good.

While we were watching the family video, Tessa and Stone got an itch for dancing. It lasted 2 seconds, but I totally captured the moment.

The Osborne Family

My parents got Tessa this mini DVD player, and she couldn't take her eyes off it. It was like pulling teeth trying to get her to open the rest of her presents, so I basically opened them for her...

And I did a hell of a good job. This is her tutu that Sebastian gave her-Ces made it. I know what you're thinking...Ferosh. I was too.

Sophie got a tutu as well, so they took pictures together, but for some reason Tessa's face turned out like this everytime. It must be the sty making her eyes droopy.

I held this puzzle in front of her face for a good minute and a half until she realized it was there. I think she was trying to see through it so she could watch her DVDs.

For those of you that know Sophie, I probably don't have to explain this picture! There's about 5 more where this came from. I'm pretty sure she read Paris Hilton's autobiography, because there's a chapter in there dedicated to posing well for the paparazzi. And who knows better than Paris Hilton? No one, that's who.

No comments: