Monday, March 28, 2011

Days 16 and 17

Wow, this is taking way longer than 30 days, huh? Well I'm gonna keep at it....I'm half way through. I have so much more stuff to blog about after this. I went to New York, Lady Gaga, and St. George, but you can't know about any of that because of this stupid blog challenge thing. So as soon as day 30 is done, expect a hurricane. It'll probably be sometime in May at the rate I'm going...
Day 16-Something You Are Looking Forward To
Um. Day 30 of this blog challenge, anyone? JK. I'm looking forward to April 7, which is only 1 week away sort of! Why, you might ask? Well because April 7, 2005, this magical thing happened...
My First Kiss.
Ha. Just kidding. You all have to know I was pretty slutty in my younger days, so this was most definitely not my first kiss. BUT, April 7th is my 6 year anniversary. And I'm looking forward to it for sure. Since our first anniversary Alex always tells me we aren't going to do anything big, because he doesn't want to set any precedent.
Year 2 we went to New York.
Year 3 we went to a scary movie. (awesome)
Year 4 we went to Washington DC
Year 5 we went to NYC-again.
So doing good on the no precedent thing. So this year Alex was all hush hush about what we were going to do, then he decided he would tell me after I had a melt down about not being skinny...seriously, that's the truth. I'm really vain. Anyway, Alex planned an awesome anniversary. We are going to Park City to stay at the Waldorf Astoria-check it out, it's incredible. There are some perks to only having a weekend husband...it means he gets points that pay for hotels that we would never ever ever be able to afford. We are also going to eat at some awesome restaurant up there. I can't remember what it's called, and Alex isn't here right now so I can't ask him.
And I'm pretty sure he's getting me a karaoke machine. Or he'd better be, since I've asked for one every day for the past 3 months. Literally, every day. And I don't just ask, I sing for it. And then I say, "see, if I could get a karaoke machine, I wouldn't have to sing random things, I could sing actual songs." I'm pretty sure he loves it.

Day 17-Favorite Book
To Kill A Mockingbird, by Harper Lee. I love this book-it makes me cry every time I read it, which I try to do every so often. AND, if Sullivan had been a girl, his name would have been Harper. So next girl we have, that's her name. Bet on it. Read this book. I've never heard of a person that doesn't like it.

2 comments:

Andrea Harper said...

Um, Harper IS MY ABSOLUTE FAVORTIE GIRL NAME IN THE UNIVERSE (I love it alot, so the caps were totally called for) It was a sad day when I realized I was going to be Mrs. Andrea HARPER. Ugh, way to ruin EVERYTHING Kevin. And just like that my dream of having a little girl with that name was laid to rest. Harper Harper could be cool...right? Eff.

Jillyn said...

I love your married photo :) I hope your husband spoils you for your anniversary.