Thursday, September 2, 2010

Our Healthy Baby


Hey.

So Sullivan had a doctor's appointment and I decided I'm going to be a mom that updates my children's stats monthly...not really, but I thought it was funny so I'm blogging it, Chelsea style.

So we go to the doctor...first off, the receptionist asks "Who is the patient?" I reply, "Tessa Osborne." She checks the computer and says, "We don't have an appointment for Tessa today." I say, "What? The girl called me yesterday to remind me! She said it was today!" And the receptionist says, "Well, do you think maybe the appointment is for Sullivan?" And I say, "Oh yeah...sometimes I forget about him." I turn around and Tessa says, "Um, mom...you said we were coming to get Sullivan shots. I don't want someone to look at my eyes." Yep. My daughter thinks all doctors are eye doctors now. Sad.

Anywho. So the nurse comes out and asks if there is a patient named Sullivan. I say yes. She says, "That's not a last name, right?" I say, "nope. It's his name." She says, "Oh." That's it. I'm thinking we don't have a fan of the baby name? Oh well. So she measures him and weighs him and checks his head and all that stuff and then the doctor comes in...he says, "Hi. What are you feeding your baby?" And I say,"Breastmilk and Formula." And he says, "well, it seems to be working. He's gained about 5 pounds since his last appointment, and he's 2 and half inches longer. So he's in the 95th percentile for his height (which we're used to. Have you seen my giant 3 year old?) and he's in the 90th percentile for weight." Yup. He's a big'n. So he checks him and everything looks good, and then he says that he'll be getting shots, and if I want to give him Tylenol after it's ok. BUT, since he's exceeded the weight limit for a 2 month old, I can go ahead and give him one full squirt of the stuff, instead of just half.

Holla! My baby can get more drugs than yours!

So he gets his shots and screamed his little head off. All of this, however, was hilarious to Tessa. She laughed at him for about 5 minutes. She's mean.

Anyway, my point is, my baby is healthy. fin.

1 comment:

Linds Forrest said...

Hopefully soon he can get prescriptions for percocet and the real fun can begin.