Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Park City

This weekend we had the pleasure of having Kelly and Whitney here-it's starting to get old though...they are ALWAYS here...I'm just joshin. I love 'em. Anyway, since they were home, and Alex was home, and Steve got work off, we went to Park City. Apparently Whitney wanted to get her Alpine Slide on. Who's heard of the Alpine Slide? Yeah, me either. JK. But seriously, I've never been on the Alpine Slide, and I've lived in Utah my entire life! AND I never wanted to go on it, because one of my earliest memories was going to church and seeing the Hanks boy with a broken leg that he got because he fell off the Alpine Slide. It's been engrained into my memory, so I was like, "No thanks, gang, I don't do the slide." Well apparently Steve wasn't having that...so he bought our tickets and basically guilted me into going on it. THEN, he tried to kill me. So it was really an odd night. But it was fun, even though it was scary. I seriously was about to cry. Here are our pics.

On our way up, which is really half the ride. I mean, you go on the ski lift for like an hour, and then you are back down in 5 minutes. That's why I don't ski...all that time wasted...
This was the most terrifying part though. I kept thinking Emma was going to jump for it. She kept assuring us that she was alright.

Kelly and Whitney and Emma. Whit's pretty much my bestie, even though she has some other bestie. Lame.

I couldn't take Sullivan on the ride, so we had to go in shifts. So I left him with Adam and Andy. It's basically the same as leaving him with Tessa, except they'll feed him...which is nice.

So Steve kept telling me that if I went too slow than he would crash into me...so I go on the slide and I'm going at a reasonable pace, all the while thinking, "Steve wouldn't really try to kill me...Alex would be pissed." Then, I heard a faint yelling in the distance, which kept getting louder and louder, and finally I could make it out. It was Steve and he was yelling, "You have to go faster! I'm going to ram you!" Sweet right? So you can imagine how much I loved the whole experience...

Doesn't my face just say it all? And doesn't Steve look super happy for almost killing me?

As Tessa waited for me to come down, she went on a ride.
AND HATED IT. You can see her tears.

2 comments:

Zach and Cecily said...

Steve rammed you.

Whitney said...

OMG! totally laughing out loud now. that was THE best. but really are these the only pics Alex got? whata failure.