Sunday, August 29, 2010

Bahston

It's actually spelled Boston, but I wanted to go for the phonetic spelling. This weekend we got to fly out to see Alex as he is currently (always) away on business. I felt kind of bad that we were taking him away from his second family for the weekend, but oh well. He originally wanted me to fly out all by myself with our two children, luggage, double stroller, and two car seats, but i was all "oh no he didn't" so my mom came too! In the words of Kelly Clarkson, my life would have sucked without her. It was super fun, and really nice for Alex to be able to actually see his children. Tessa was excited and wouldn't let him out of her sights the whole time, whereas Sully was all "whatevs." But honestly, they barely know each other anyway. Here we go...

This was me and the children in Boston Gardens, not to be confused with Boston Commons, which is directly across the street. Little known fact, there is only 1 bathroom in the entire bajillion mile radius. And me and my mom had to walk all the way across that bajillion mile radius to get to it...and we got separated, so for about a half an hour I was freaking out. Because Boston Commons also houses most of the crazies during the day. I got some stares...from creepers. But, if you look closely, Tessa is hanging on to the literature my mom received from the Mennonites, who were having a meeting near the playground. She's really into learning about other religions. And what's wrong with the world.

We went to Quincy Market, and Tessa turned it on. She posed on this pedastel thing for a while so I could change Sullivan's diaper in secret. People were loving her, even if she whipped them a few times with her stuffed dog that she absolutely couldn't live without...naturally, I said no to it, but don't worry-Alex got it for her anyway.
He also bought her a ticket for the carousel. He spoils her.

We went on a Trolley tour of the city, and also on a Harbor Cruise-the trolley was fun, and I'm pretty sure the driver spoke to me and only me. No joke. He would turn around and just tell me about the history. I'm not even making it up, because Alex got jealous of all the attention I was getting...it was weird. But the harbor cruise failed to impress. Seriously, I can see water in the shower. The highlight was waiting in line for the trolley to come back. Tessa posed. FOR EVERYONE.

Proof.

That day I finally dressed Sullivan in real clothes-not just onesies and rompers. He had a full fledged outfit on-button up shirt and everything. So I say to Alex, "Take a picture of him-he's in a real outfit."

This is what I got. He didn't even attempt to get him to look at the camera. Send a man to do a woman's job, right?!?

It was super rainy the day we left for Connecticut, so we actually didn't do much. We just spent about 70 dollars at a pastry shop. No biggie. Of course, I didn't get any pictures of us devouring everything in the box...for 3 straight days. My mom said she couldn't feel her fingers because she was on such a sugar high. AND-I didn't get any pictures of Alex with Sullivan, or Alex and me. We're smart...but it was a fun trip and it was fun to be able to have Alex around for longer than 36 hours. One cool thing is that I totally learned how to do my bangs Emma Pilsbury style-she's the guidance counselor on Glee. A crazy random happenstance that I nailed her hair, but I actually didn't get a good picture of it...lame of me.
This was the only picture I have for the day I did it. I was super stoked about it, and I didn't even mind that I ruined some of the ozone because I aerosol hairsprayed the crap out of it. Awesome.

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Your daughter is beautiful.
You look amazing!
Sounds like a friggin awesome time!

Lauren Ricci said...

What a fun trip! Tessa really is adorable. What does Alex do that causes him to travel so much? Glad ya'll got some family time together and had a great time!