Monday, April 6, 2009

Simpable Things

So this past week was Simpable Things (did you hear those angels singing? I did.) And it, as always, was a blast. But I'm getting ahead of myself...sort of. Firstly, the night before we were hanging out at home, and Alex said that something was stupid. Our main rule in this house is that we don't say that. So Tessa had to enforce the said rule. This is Alex. He's in time out. Which is funny because we don't do time outs, we do spankings. Or verbal abuse. (I'm totally kidding, don't report me.)

Then it was time for Simpable Things. Every year there is a theme. This year, it was Cupcakes. Cupcakes, cupcakes, cupcakes. Oh, and did I mention Cupcakes. It all turned out really well, and it's always so much fun to hang out with the sisters (and Devon) and see everyone that we don't see very often. Every time we do it, my mom says this is the last time. That started about 5 years ago. But I'm glad we still do it. I love it. Even though I had a melt down (funny story, but pretty long) it was fun. So here are my pictures.My sisters and mom in our costumes. Excuse me, I meant uniforms. (From the left: Ashlii, Cessy, Linda (my mom), Me, and Cailey) Don't mind my mom's eyes. There were a lot of cameras taking pictures at the same time.
My friend Lindsey-she comes every time. But no, she doesn't always dress this way. She had to run home. Literally run. I promised her I was totally going to blog this. I always keep my promises.Tessa had an apron too. It was different than ours, but she loved it. I put it on her, and she said "I'm getting married?" She really asked, I didn't just write it that way. The last day, I put Tessa's hair in curlers for the first time. This is the before picture. I couldn't bare to take an after picture, because if those pictures somehow came back into her life after she had made it big, it would have ended her career. It doesn't helpt that she has pink eye, so her eyes looked horrible. I know what you're thinking, her eyes are always so normal and not gross, so that's too bad. Sarcasm. It may be too soon for curlers. We fixed it though...with a lot of hairspray.

3 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Oh Chels... ha ha ha... I love your posts almost as much as I love peanut m&ms. And that is HUGE. Like I love James and then I love peanut m&ms. I am totally stealing that picture and putting it on my blog. Let's play... I think we would have fun! :)

Heather Strong said...

I totally spaced coming back to Simpable Things. I hope she does it again! It seemed like lots of fun! I am still thinking about that diaper bag. Emmett totally had the messiest diaper at Lowes on Saturday and I didn't bring any diapers and wipes - but I would have had I had that bag... sigh. He didn't mind but I had to appologize to everyone that walked by us for the horrible smell! Ha ha!

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness, putting alex in time out?! Hilarious! I <3 you and your family! If I lived in SLC I think they'd <3 me too! Hahaha! Anywho..sounds like you had some fun! Can't wait to get together with everyone SOON hopefully!