Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Graduate

No, I'm not talking about that Dustin Hoffman movie. I'm talkin 'bout my mom. She totally graduated the hell out of BYU this weekend. Oh, I meant heck... So the graduation is a two day event. On Thursday, she graduated from the University. Then, on Friday morning, she graduated from the College of Humanities, on account of her being an English Lit major. She was so excited, she planned out her outfits weeks in advance, and she even bought matching shoes...for every single outfit. It was adorable. So we got to hang in Provo for two days, just being proud of our mom. Here are the pics:
Just waiting to graduate.
People kept taking pictures in front of the trees. So we thought, When in Rome...if you don't know the rest of that quote, it's do as the Romans do.
My proud dad. He was so excited that he got her these flowers. He also got her a dozen roses and left them in the hotel room for her. Yeah, we stayed overnight. It's a long drive.
Proud sisters. We're all looking at different cameras.
Proud son in laws. This was on Thursday and my brothers and their wives were all working/out of town. So they got to come down for the Friday graduation ceremony, not this one. But I don't have a picture of that. I'm sure Cessy and/or Cailey will have some more pictures.

After the Thursday ceremony, we went to take my mom's picture by Brigham Young. Not the real Brigham Young, silly. He's dead. This was the statue. I don't have a picture of that, but I do have a picture of Cailey and Devon rolling down this massive hill.
This is so inappropriate.
My mom waiting for her diploma.
My dad, being proud and taking pictures.
She finally graduated!!
Anyway, that was the happenings of the ceremonies. It was great-we're all so proud of our mom. She graduated before all of us, and we've all been going to school for longer. (Except Ces and Alex, they graduated last year.) It was lots of fun too. Hopefully Cessy and Cailey will post more pictures, because I know thaty got some winners.

1 comment:

Linds Forrest said...

GO LINDA!!! That's awesome. And Cailey and Devon rolling down the hill... ha ha ha!