Thursday, March 5, 2009

Tense.

Yesterday whilst at work, there was quite a tense moment. Or series of moments. We just moved into a new office (not just, like 2 months ago. Or a month. I don't know) and now our managers have their own offices. So yesterday as we're working away, my manager Matt (you know who you are) closed his door with him still inside his office. We heard him messing with the door handle for a minute, and then nothing happened, so we didn't really think anything of it. Then, other Matt (not the same Matt, stay with me here) came over with his keys and told us that Matt had locked himself in his office. Needless to say, we had a good laugh. Then, we realized he didn't lock himself in, he was stuck. Something happened with the door handle and they couldn't get the door open. It was still funny though. He was stuck in there for a good hour. And it was still funny after the hour was up. I took pictures.
This is after they had waited about an hour for the office manager to get there. People started to panic, you could see it in their eyes.
You can't see it very well, but that little shadow thing in the window was Matt, fighting his way out of his office.

When they couldn't get the door open, the boys started planning an aerial attack. I don't know how it was going to work. I think they were maybe going to pull Matt up through the ceiling. I know, it's hard not to laugh.

These were all the tools they slipped under the door for Matt to try to pry the door open. So great.
Finally, freedom. Sweet, sweet freedom.
So, all in all it was a pretty normal day at the office.

4 comments:

Heather Strong said...

That is so funny and I am so sad that I missed it! Argh!

Whitney said...

I don't even know these people, but im dying laughing at their expense! Hahahahahaha!

Beth said...

I love that you documented, that would totally be me! I am sure they didn't appreciate it so much but it sure is fun to be the girl in the office so you can get away with stuff like that right?

Jenna said...

This is a a funny story. On a serious note, I'll see you tonight, where I am bringing cupcakes, just for you.