Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Is All Around Us (sung to the tune of Christmas Is All Around Us, from Love Actually)

So obviously it was Thanksgiving. Except for you Canadians out there. We went with my family down to St. George, which is always fun-for some reason I didn't get any pictures of the actual Thanksgiving day. I mean, there were a lot of Thanks being given (and taken) but no pictures of the actual act itself. Here are some precious gems that I got though...
KARAOKE...My favorite Japanese past time. Tessa loves Karaoke also.Cessy does not. Just kidding, she was just waiting for Stone to calm down from a time out. No big thing.

This picture could take a while to explain. We were watching Forrest Gump, and you know that part where Forrest is in Vietnam, and they are under attack, and he keeps picking up people and running them to the beach to save their lives? Well, my mom wondered if people really could do that, and Coleman said he could. I didn't get a picture of him picking up my mom, but he did that with no effort at all....picking up my brother Cam, however, took some effort. He actually had to take a bunch of pain medication that night because he hurt his back. It makes for a great story though.
We decided to brave Wal Mart on Black Friday. Tessa loved it.
Tessa and Stone love Sophie. And Hairspray. (Hairspray is what Stone is staring at.)
We also braved the Christmas Show. Some of us didn't quite make it...

On Saturday, we had a big Christmas party with my dad's side of the family. It's always fun to see those guys and their cute kids. Seriously, they rival Tessa in cute-ness. I decided to dress Tessa in her tutu she got for her birthday from Cessy...Alex loved it.
Alex didn't really love it. He hates beauty...which is weird, because he loves me so much. That's right, I said it.
She's thinking, "Cessy, you so crazy!"
My grandpa tries to hustle Alex everytime we're down there...He finally gave him his dollar back that he took two years ago.

Santa came to the party, but my mom had managed to get most of the kids asleep just with the soothing sounds of her voice. So, it was interesting trying to get them to wake up to sit on Santa's lap. And when they did wake up, it was awesome.
Tessa and Stone-sleeping. Tessa wouldn't even look at Santa. She was pretty stoked that he gave her a present though.
She loved opening it. Little did my mom know, she had gotten it two years ago, at the exact same Christmas party. It's cool.
Oh-this is my cousin Jaxon. He's my favorite cousin. Sorry Janessa.

It was also Alex's birthday while we were down there, and luckily a lot of his family was there for Jordy's soccer tournament-which he won. Hoot hoot. So we got to spend time with his family while we were there too-we just went to dinner and then went back to their condo and he got to open his presents. It was really fun!
I capped the trip off by playing the Wii with Cessy. We eventually let Carter play with us too, but it took some convincing on his part.
Tessa capped off her night with a little makeover...
Finally-Alex has a rule that we can't put up any Christmas decor before his birthday, which is lamesville because his birthday is on Nov 29th, so I only get to enjoy my Christmas decorations for 3 weeks. But you better believe we put up our tree as soon as we got home from St. George.
Tessa finally got to help decorate the tree. She actually just stood by it and pretended to do stuff so I could take some pictures, then she went back to watching Shrek.
Too bad I forgot a box of decorations at my mom's house, so there are no other decorations and no star on my tree. Silly Chelsea.

3 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Chels you should write story books. You are AMAZING at telling stories. Oh and we found the picture from when you, Annie, and LAcy came to my brothers wedding. We all look super fabulous! ha ha! Go check your email!!

Ashlii Brooke said...

Good post - and seriously if you ever start writing books let me know. I'll illustrate. Thanks for the nice things you said. I love you. Also, you are going to need to have antoher baby soon because I might start "borrowing" Tessa on a frequent basis. I need to have the "k sound good" talk more often now that I know she is so good at it.

kerri said...

I just love seeing pictures of Sophie with her cousins! Some of my favorite memories are those moments I shared with my own cousins. Sophie and Rubie are very lucky!