Friday, November 7, 2008

Tessa Turns Two

It's Tessa's birthday today and if you didn't know from the title of this post, she is two. I can't believe I have a two year old! Anyhow, the day started off pretty good-Tessa woke up to Alex putting together her big girl bed, and she was so excited! Then we got all dressed in her birthday outfit and went to Wal Mart-who doesn't want to go there on their birthday? Then, we came home and she took the longes nap of her life! Seriously, it's like she doesn't know what day it is! When Alex got home from work, we went to Build a Bear, and Tessa was all for it for about 15 minutes, but they were the most adorable 15 minutes of her life. Then she kept punching her bear and telling me, "I don't want it." We got it anyway. Then, she wanted to go to Pei Wei for dinner (actually, I wanted to. But she can't really choose where we eat because she doesn't eat anyway!) Then we came home and her Grandma Mindy and Pa brought her some presents. It doesn't seem like a jam packed fun day, but it surely was. Now we get to see if it was really a good idea to get her a big girl bed, because at least the crib kept her confined to her room. I'm sure we'll be getting more visits from her in the middle of the night now that she can get in and out of her bed on her own! Here are some pictures-I didn't get any of her bed because we haven't quite finished redecorating her room yet. It's 90% done, so I'll post that when it is!
Tessa was so excited when she woke up to see her new big girl bed downstairs. She couldn't even believe her eyes.
This is how happy she was. And I don't know what happened in the night to make her hair like this.
Tessa's birthday outfit, courtesy of Gary and Dana and H&M. Seriously Dana, I got so many compliments on this sweatshirt today. It was ridiculous. You made my child popular.
Going to Wal Mart
Tessa opening her presents. She only had one toy like present, and she chose to open it first, so it was all down hill from there. It's hard to get a child excited about a new coat.

She was so mad we made her try it on.

And these are all of the Build a Bear pictures. She stuffed it and fluffed it with the best of them. And they let her ring the birthday bell, which was cute.




4 comments:

Ashlii Brooke said...

That made me cry a little bit. She is so cute I just love her. But then I got to the coat part and cried again because I was laughing so hard. Happy Burfday Tessa Poo.

Linds Forrest said...

How cute!! I loved seeing you on that day!

The Lund's said...

That Madsen gene is pretty strong. She looks so much like you! What a cutie pie.

The Family said...

Ya I have been hiding out in my tiny apt! lol I feel like a hermit crab with no where to go, but it is sure fun being a mom! And we are all doing a lot better now lol It really wasn't that bad for me because i dont remember any of it lol