Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Curlers

I'm sure I've posted something about this before, but I'm going to do it again. When I was little every Saturday night my mom would make me and my sisters go get the foam curlers, a glass of water, and the comb so that she could do our hair for Sunday. I hated it. I'm sorry mom. It just took so long and sometimes it hurt, and then you have to sleep with these foam curlers all night and you can't get them wet in the bath the next morning...there was just a lot of stuff that sucked about those curlers. Of course we all looked adorable the next day with our curly hair, but the price for that beauty was too much for me. I don't know how my sisters felt about it, but I'm pretty sure it was the same. One time Cessy even got her curlers wet and ruined her hair-I think it was so that my mom would take away her privileges of having curled hair for church. She was always the smart one.
ANYWAY, a while ago I was at my local grocer where they sell what? Foam curlers. And so I bought them and last night I thought "hey, why not try those out and see what happens?" So I said to my 3 year old, "Go get your comb. Mommy's going to make you pretty." I realize that sounds creepy, but back off. She's my kid, so I can say whatever I want to her. So I put curlers in her hair. But here's the weird part: She absolutely LOVED it. She was so excited. She even woke me up last night because one of them fell out, and she needed me to fix it so her hair would be pretty today.
Here's the lesson I learned: Just because I hated something in my youth doesn't mean Tessa is going to. So I'm going to start buying tomatoes and fish so she can try those out too. I realize these things have nothing to do with the actual curlers, but I hate a lot of food, so I just don't make it or I don't buy it, but maybe Tessa will like it! I should probably give her the chance.
Who knew that those foam curlers would teach me this valuable lesson?
Probably my mom. She's smart.

No, this post isn't meant to be insightful. It's more of a joke, but I really did think about that...I'm probably still not going to buy tomatoes...

5 comments:

Heather Strong said...

Well... did you take a picture of the final product? I was so excited to see Tessa with curled hair! I feel a little let-down, I must admit...

Heather Strong said...

Pictures of you and your sisters with curled Sunday hair would be enjoyed, too :). My mom was lucky to get a bath out of me on Saturday night! That's because she made me take baths with my little bro and he always pooped in the tub!

Kelly said...

I want to see a picture of the curly hair also. I'm sure she looked smokin' (3 year old smokin' that is). My mom did the curlers too, I liked it though. And I hate fish, and Ryan loves fish sticks...yuck! He found that out at a friends house. Looks like I need to do better also.

Zach and Cecily said...

You biotch - I was always the PRETTY one - YOU were always the smart one. You take that back right now.

badonkatonks said...

True that. Ces is pretty, you're smart, and I'm the outgoing one. Just like the Kardashians...