Monday, August 3, 2009

And so it begins...

Potty Training. I'm not going to lie, I've been dreading this moment since Tessa was born. Or since she turned two. But mostly since she was born. I just had no idea where to start or what to do, so I've been putting it off-but I figured when your kid tells you every single time she needs her diaper changed, something's gotta give. AND going through a million diapers a day isn't too much fun either. A few months ago we tried it for a day and it was like I had told Tessa Hannah Montana was dead...she freaked out. For realsies-screamed, cried-the works. So we decided it wasn't the best time. So yesterday, we decided to try again. And it's like she's a different little girl-she was super excited about her pull ups (they have princesses on them), she didn't have an accident all day, and she even told me once or twice that she wanted to go potty. So we'll see what happens. I'm thinking a week and she'll be done...I kid. I'm sure it'll take longer. No accidents yet, but it's only day two. I just figured everyone would want to know....hence my post.

Tessa with her pull ups. She is showing me how big she is. Or she's dancing...you never can tell with this one.

Also-Saturday Alex, Tessa, and I got to go to the Park City Arts Festival with my sisters' families and my dad. This is the only picture I got, but it was fun! Look closely and you can see that I'm trying to hide Sebastian...I was trying to make it strictly a couples shot. Not that I don't love the kid...I just have a lot of pictures of him. Sorry Ces. And Sebs.

3 comments:

Ally Voye said...

YAY! Congrats big girl Tessa, and good luck mom & dad! Hope it goes smoothly :)

Linds Forrest said...

Good luck on the potty training! I wish I had words of encouragement. Cute picture of you and Alex.

kerri said...

Good luck with that one! :) I am not looking forward to Rubie potty training...