Thursday, September 18, 2008

Update on the STY...

So we took Tessa to the eye doctor today to have him check her sty-if you are unaware of Tessa's eye problem, scroll down a bit, there's a giant picture. Anyway, we thought he was going to drain it, but no. He looked at it and said that it was a pretty big sty and we had two options. He said option one is to wait it out-apparently some can last for months. He said he would prescribe her a steroid cream to see if that would reduce the swelling, and hopefully it'll go away eventually. The other option is to take her to Primary Children's Hospital, and he can perform a surgery on her eye. She would have to be completely asleep, so they would have to put her under, and then they slice it open and scoop all the puss out. Then, she has a black eye for about 2 weeks, which is always fun. SO...we decided to get her the cream, and see what happens. The doctor said that if it hasn't gone away in six months then we should do the surgery. So we're waiting. And if anyone has a problem with how gross her sty is (sisters) take it up with Dr. Peterson. He's at the Rocky Mountain Eye Center. There is no way I'm letting her have a surgery. She's not even 2 yet!!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Holy crap Chels. That's nuts. Did he say why you can't drain it? Bring her over I will drain it. I kid. Hopefully that cream helps her out! Good luck!

Bryner Family said...

I agree! Don't do the surgery unless she absolutely has to have it. Besides, it really doesn't look that bad. She is so cute, you hardly even notice it!