Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Time Out

This past Saturday was my nephew's baptism, so the whole fam was there to support. But that's not what this post is about. (I'm very proud of Carter, but he knows that.) Now, to the point... My brother Coleman has two little girls and if you know them, you know they are hilarious. Both of them are-which is hard to find with siblings. (I should know, we only have one funny one in our family. Not including Cameron.) Anyway, when Sophie was little, she would put herself in time out, and it was the funniest thing to see. She would go put her nose against a wall and wait until Ashlii told her she was done, then she'd go on to doing whatever it was she was doing before. Welp, now Rubie does the same thing. And it is hilarious. She got put in time out at my brother's house after the baptism, and she was pissed. So I took pictures of her. She wouldn't even look at me. I think she secretly blamed me, because she was put in time out for hitting Tessa. She was mad that I was Tessa's mom. I know it. I'm sorry Rubie, but what could I do?

This was before she realized I was taking pictures of her. As soon as I bent down to get closer, she turned it off. Or on. Maybe she was trying to give me the smoldering look.

This is the moment of realization. She was pissed. The funny thing is, for about a minute I kept saying, "Rubie, Rubie, Rubie, Rubie, Rubie..." just to get her to look at me. She was deliberately ignoring me. So adorable.

And this is the family. We sure do clean up well, right? Right on. Go Madsens! (and Tonks, Smiths, and Osbornes.)

5 comments:

Bullards said...

lol- I love her!!! These are the best pictures!!

badonkatonks said...

Nice dress. And shirt, and tights, and overall idea of your outfit. I approve, obvi.

Kerri said...

Sometimes I wonder if she really enjoys the "Time Out"!?
She's a piece of work isn't she!
She and Sophie both... they keep us laughin! :)

Kelly said...

So funny. Ethan does that pouty look just like her. Thanks for finally adding me to your list, I almost thought about not talking to you guys anymore...but then Leslie threaten, and I decided to still like you kids. :-) (I'm just kidding about the not talking to you, I would never do that). So thanks for your super nice comment. Sorry Alex has been so busy working...I feel your pain. At least you get to paint Tessa's nails...I have to play trains.
If anyone asks why I stopped going to church one day, I'll blame you. (but that probably won't happen, because we'll all just keep going right?) :-)

Ashlii Brooke said...

I love you! That is so funny. I didn't know you got any good pictures of it. She is the funniest kid of all time - besides Tessa. Plus - we look good in that family pic. I loved the tights. I need some more. "LETS GO SHOPPING!!" (rubbing hands together doing the debbie)