Saturday, February 14, 2009

Busy Week...for realsies.

Is that poop or chocolate? It's chocolate.

SO. There has been a lot of things. Seriously. So Sunday-actually last Sunday-we celebrated Rubie boobie's birthday. She's one. Here are some pictures below. We got her a cake. It was great. Then, Alex had to go down to Dixie Regional Hospital to do an audit for work, so Tessa and I went with him. Plus my mom was there, so it was double fun. Well, whilst we were there, my mom decided to buy my dad's Valentine's Day present. And what did she get? Oh, a Corvette. It. Was. Awesome. We were lucky enough to be there when she purchased it, so we got to drive it and everything. So hot.
So scary.
And Tessa loved it.
On the way home we let Tessa eat a fun dip that she got from her "Secret Admirer" (my mom). It dyed her finger green.
Then, for Valentine's Day-which is today-we celebrated by going to the City Weekly Music Awards featuring Ben Kweller. I love him. Who doesn't? Anyway, we went to eat at The Dodo before, which was fun. Except Alex yelled at me. No big deal.
Alex yelling at me. He loves it.


Then we headed on over to The Depot to listen to the bands. So, the opening bands were local-from Salt Lake City local-and then we voted to see who won the Best Band in SLC 2008. AND it was the Neon Trees. LOVED THEM. But not as much as BK. He power owned the show.
Powned it.

We were in love after he yelled at me. It's fine.

This is everyone but Devon. He took the picture. There's Beth, Ashlii, Coleman, Cailey, Ryan, Cessy, Zach, Me, and Alex. We are huge fans.

The best part about it was we saw Andy Martin, who was this guy that BK pulled up on stage at the last concert and he had him play the harmonica, which was awesome. So we saw Andy Martin, and we were talking to him after the show, when low and behold, Ben Kweller came walking in. Alex and Devon shook his hand, and he totally growled at them. Not a bad growl it was a "did you love my show? I felt great about it. I rock" growl. So adorable. It was so much fun!

Then this morning, Tessa and Alex got a visit from their secret admirers. It was me. There, I said it. Tessa was excited. She got a cute V-Day shirt, a book about a dog, and some Hannah Montana candy. Alex got a bag of treats and Love Actually. I didn't get anything, because I can't be my own secret admirere. Apparently that's seen as conceited. And Alex gave me an iPod Touch! BAM!!

Here is Tessa's book.

And candy.

So that's all. Enyoy. I know that I spelled it with a 'y'. So it's not a spell check mistake. I like to pronounce it like that.

2 comments:

Linds Forrest said...

Corvette... no big deal. Love your little surprises you did. So cute!

Beth said...

I think we "powned" it! Great night...